Wednesday, August 20, 2008

So Sad...sniff..sniff

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad tonight. One of my very best friends, Kristina Ikola, has taken another job teaching 4th grade at Winchester Elementary! I am very happy for her and she feels like her decision is bitter sweet. She loves our school, the people,and the kids. But, she has really wanted to be in the Roseburg school district. Kristina taught kindergarten at our school this past year. I think when you have a very close friend and get to see them every day, hang out together with each other's families, etc. you kinda take the convenience of getting together for granted. We decided at the least that we will have Saturday morning dates at least 2xs a month, which takes some of the sadness out of things...

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Very, very sad. We loved Mrs. Ikola at our house. Tori will be so disappointed that she will not get to see her. Maybe she just won't notice.

Cheryl said...

That is too bad. It is nice to have a good friend at work!

Christina said...

I heard great things about her from Michelle - Winchester is lucky, but it'll be a loss for your school. As someone who doesn't have such a great connection with a coworker (yet??), I can understand your sadness.

busymomof4 said...

I also am very, very sad to see her go. Austin is very sad also, he wanted to repeat K just to be in her class again. :'(

Michelle said...

I can't believe you were both ready and so together for meet the teacher night. It is a good thing that I don't have anyone coming to my classroom yet. Between school and volleyball this week has been crazy.