Sunday, August 3, 2008

General Update

This past week our family went on vacation to the Oregon coast. Last Sunday was Ryan's 25th birthday. We took him out for lunch and then headed over to Astoria to start the vacation. We camped down the Oregon coast from Astoria to Bandon. It was the best vacation, besides the fact that Ryan was unable to come b/c of his work schedule. We had to return home last Thursday because I had surgery in Eugene on Friday for my sinuses....so I have about a week recovery time and I am pretty doped up on meds as I type. My doctor told me to rest and take it easy. However, I have a hard time simply "resting." So I am hoping to blog the pictures from our vacation a few days at a time. My mom has been great cooking and helping me around the house ( while Jason works with my dad). I was put pretty far under the anesthesia and I can slowly feel it wearing off. Yesterday Brenda came over to visit and it was really nice. The last time I had surgery I was really little and the day after I was home from the hospital she and Bob and their kids came to visit me then too....so yesterday was special.

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. It has been fun to get to "know" you a little bit this summer in the virtual world. School starts in a few weeks and Alyssa is looking forward to being in your class.