Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Berry Busy Week

Last week my mom and I picked pounds and pounds of blueberries, marionberries, blackberries and boysenberries. I canned all kinds of jams, pie fillings, syrups, and froze bunches for eating throughout the year.
Haven Blueberry Farm is our favorite places to pick. Check out their website at
www.thehavenfarm.com, which is located along the banks of the Umpqua River in Umpqua. The drive out to the farm is absolutely beautiful. We were there on the opening day, and usually there is a long line of cars waiting to get in.
We were the second car in line!
Here is a view of the farm from the road side and the blueberry rows stretch for acres and acres and acres.
There are even picnicking spots where you can bring a lunch and rest in the shade.

3 comments:

Christina said...

WOW! You amaze me!

Cheryl said...

I am with Christina...amazing!! I am sure your kitchen is filling up.

Jessica said...

You have been berry busy...that is alot blueberries!!!