Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Raspberries and Cherries

Last week Kristina and I picked and canned Raspberry jam....aren't they so pretty?

Then on Saturday my mom and I went to pick cherries on the opening day at Shady Lane Orchards. There were so many people there that it felt like 1/2 of Roseburg was out picking. Cherries are one of our favorites, and there was a boutiful supply. Tomorrow we will be picking blueberries at our favorite place. However, the berries around here are kinda scarce. Two main suppliers have now gone to strictly commercial selling. Lately, I really dislike other pickers, especially when they come onto the row that I was assigned, or when they reach their hands through the rows to my side, I just want to slap it. I am hoping to show a some restraint tomorrow, but if another picker dares to cross me I am not responsible for my actions =0)!!

5 comments:

Christina said...

Great looking berries. You have a great deal of patience to pick berries. I lose interest way too quickly!

Michelle said...

You have my admiration. I picked raspberries last week too, but I must lose interest too quickly, because this week I just went and bought the flat of raspberries. I am looking forward to picking blueberries, by far my favorite to pick.

Cheryl said...

Wow...very impressive. I like picking blueberries...they are so yummy right after you pick them.

Keri said...

Hilarious! I can just see you swatting the wandering hand of a greedy picker. You should!! :) We're just starting to get tons of raspberries on our bushes in our garden. The girls and I go out everyday and get enough for a nice snack.

Jessica said...

The kids and I are going to go pick berries tomorrow. I don't love picking them but, I do love to eat them! :o)