Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tomatoes and Apples

Here are some delicious tomatoes being cooked down to can.

Kristina, my mom, and I were pretty rummy when it came time to make the apple pie filling. We each ended up with a burned finger, arm, or hand by the end of our endeavors. Here I was putting the apple pie filling ingredients together and Kristina was stirring. However, on two occasions, I forgot to turn on the burner for her and so she was stirring and stirring for quite some time before she realized nothing was happening! We all got a good laugh.
Jason and Brandon even got in on the action of peeling apples (with a potato peeler..it was all we had!)
Ahhh.....the signs of a hard days work! We made 50 quarts of tomatoes and 50 quarts of apple pie filling.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow! I am impressed! I wish I knew what to do with all my tomatoes.

Michelle said...

That is incredible. Do you do other things with apple pie filling than make apple pie?

Christina said...

I am so impressed that you can food. I don't think I have the patience!