Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A few things....

This last weekend we canned applesauce...it was yummy and we got 50 pints of applesauce and 6 quarts of apple juice. We borrowed this strange contraption from a lady at church. It saves us hours of time.
Kristina is seasoning the applesauce. The post was so big that she needed a stool for proper stirring leverage (hee-hee). You have to check out Cheryl's post of Alyssa on her blog ( Lookin' Good). It is hilarious. I have watched the footage at least 5 times tonight....it is SO funny.

5 comments:

Sharon (Michelle's Mom) said...

I have one of those applesauce makers. They are so much fun to use and soooo fast! That's a lot of applesauce!

Cheryl said...

My mom had one of those applesauce makers when we were little and my sister and I loved it!! I know I have said it before but I am still so impressed with all your canning projects!!

Michelle said...

We used to have an apple tree in our back yard and my mom enjoyed her applesauce maker so much she would can applesauce just so she could use her applesauce maker.

busymomof4 said...

As for Kristina having to use a stool.....isn't there an old song about "Short People"? heehee
It looks like you guys have lots of fun in your weekend activities.

Jessica said...

I love applesauce!!! One day I will start to can...til then I will be looking at your with my mouth watering.
Lookin good!!!
I am impressed with all your work!!!