Tuesday, October 14, 2008

BOO!

This is how I feel at the end of the day after being with 28 little ones.....just kidding! On Saturday my mom and I canned 50 lbs (69 1/2 pints) of pickled beets. A lot of people don't like pickled beets, but our family loves them (except for Jason). My hands were discolored for days. I tired scrubbing them with a fingernail brush, to no avail. On Sunday I was on the worship team and a couple of guys teased me, asking what I had just killed. However, the canning season is over. It is kinda funny because I have never canned this much. It was hard enjoyable work and now my cupboards are filled with all kinds of yummies for when the frost is on the pumpkin!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I am in awe of how much canning you have done. Not sure how I feel about pickled beets.

Christina said...

I love pickled beets too! Maybe Jason and I should trade families as I am the only one in my family who likes them. ;)

Cheryl said...

Pickled beets?? don't think I have tasted those.

p.s. Alyssa was SO glad to have you back ALL day today!

Jessica said...

Destiny, Danny and I love pickled beets!!! Jacob likes them some of the time and sometimes he thinks there are horrible.
I will see you tomorrow!!!

Keri said...

i remember you eating these when we were little. i'm still not a fan, pickled or no. BTW, the canning went GREAT! thanks for the tips. I did a bunch of quartered tomatoes and tonight I'm doing some spaghetti sauce. I was really intimidated by it, especially using the pressure canner, but it wasn't as hard as i thought it would be. Thanks again!