Sunday, September 14, 2008

Chocolate Zucchini Cake and Fall Decorations

Thanks to Michelle, Sharon, and Tori, I was able to make Chocolate Zucchini Cake this afternoon.....all I have to say is, "WOW!" This recipe is so wonderful, and the cake is so good that I couldn't get a picture before people started eating it. I gave some to my parents, neighbors, and I am going to take some to school tomorrow for Susan! It is incredibly good, I was able to put my large zucchini to good use, and freeze some of the shredded zucchini too!

On Saturday Kristina and I spent the day together and had a "girl day," while Brandon was busy working on their shop and Jason was gone for the weekend at an annual men's retreat with our church. We went to one of our two favorite stores, Friends and Family ( in Sutherlin, and the other one is Treasures of the Heart in Tri-City). I found these pillars, quilt runner, candle "garland" and cinnamon scented pine cones on Saturday. We had lunch and spent the rest of the day catching-up at her house. It was a wonderful Saturday!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you enjoyed the cake. It's got to be good for you. It has zucchini in it :) Your decorations are adorable. I love Treasures of the Heart. They have some of the best stuff.

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you had a fun girls only weekend too. Your cake looks so good and I am with Michelle that since it has zucchini in it then it must be healthy. Seeing your fall decorations reminds me that I need to get mine out.

Sharon (Michelle's Mom) said...

Your cake looks beautiful. Glad you liked it.
It was good to visit with in Walmart the other day.