Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Bounty of Gifts and Chin Puppets

I was walking through the busy hallways this morning and from a distance Destiny and Alyssa's faces were glowing. As I got closer I saw their arms were full of these gifts for me! They were so proud of themselves for walking all the way to school as they carried cucumbers, lemon cucumbers, jalapenos, summer squash, and this gigantic zucchini from their garden. The zucchini has got be be at least 4-5 lbs. I am going to make Michelle's Chocolate Zucchini cake and I am so excited. Then another student has been bringing me roses everyday this week....what a sweetie.
My classroom is on the hot side of the building and the kids were just loosing it because it was so hot this afternoon. I canned the lesson we were working on and we did Chin Puppets instead. Here Paige the Purple Polka-dotted Pig is sporting some lovely barn yard brown hair! I set it up like a little talk show with a real microphone and the kids had a blast.....they were giggling and totally engaged! Aubrey( Alyssa's younger sister) even helped name the Chin Puppets. Thanks Cheryl for helping with the paper clips. I wish I had thought of that a long time ago!



3 comments:

Michelle said...

Very, very cute. Tori has the cake recipe in her planner. She told me she wants to give it to you. A little added secret. I put chocolate chips in the cake batter in addition to the chocolate chips on top. We love it. Enjoy!

Christina said...

What a lucky teacher you are to have such thoughtful students! I'm jealous! :)

Cheryl said...

Love the picture of Destiny and Alyssa together! They are just beaming. Thank you so much for including Aubrey in the classroom today, she just loved every minute of it!