Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Special Guy

We had a quiet celebration for my dad's 60th birthday. On Friday his students (along with their parents) surprised him with a huge sheet cake and gifts. He was shocked and said in all of his years of teaching, students hadn't done anything that special for him on his birthday! Then we sent him balloons. Saturday evening we were going to all go out and celebrate, but I was really sick from some meds. Instead, they came over and my mom made a really nice dinner. We also got him a DQ ice cream cake, gifts, and then played several rounds of Sequence.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Looks like a good time. I have not played Sequence....sounds interesting though.

Hope you are feeling okay :)

Michelle said...

How cool to be able to celebrate with you dad for his 60th birthday. Sorry to here you weren't feeling well. Sequence sounds fun. My parents play with the girls and they enjoy it.

Christina said...

Glad you were all able to celebrate together! Your dad is close to the same age as my dad and my mother-in-law.

busymomof4 said...

Sometimes it is nice to have a quiet time at home together. Sounds like everyone had fun.
That is great how the kids went all out for his birthday.

Jessica said...

I am glad you and your family enjoyed playing sequence.

I hope your weekend was good and that you are feeling better.