Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas 2008

This Christmas Jason and I received wonderful gifts. However, we were truly more blessed to give than receive. My parents have a beautiful Chalet home and they are always "doing" for others. It is actually hard to give to them, because they are so giving of their time, finances, care, etc. to others. Last Christmas my dad was bragging that in their 35 years of marriage they never had to purchase a new TV. Their current TV is HORRIBLE. It is an old Curtis Mathis in an ugly old wooden console. This was the same TV they had when Ryan and I were growing up. So, we shopped around, looked at Consumer News and Reports and in June we (Ryan, Jason and I) bought them a brand new 46" flat panel TV and stand. I was so excited to give this to them the night before Christmas that I could barley sleep!
Here is the old clunker!

Ryan and Jason hauling the new TV upstairs

And here it is all ready to go! They LOVE the TV and can't get over the quality of the picture! (I posted 2 today, so keep scrolling down)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great gift for them. Looks like they were excited. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. We too had snow on Christmas, but only in the air as it was not sticking. Happy New Year.

Jessica said...

I know your Mom and Dad are so thinkful for the new TV, and for awesome kids like the three of you that wolud do something so cool for them.

Jessica said...

thankful NOT thinkful