Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Big Sigh...

I haven't created a new post in a while, because Jason and I have had a hard time dealing with our recent loss. The hardest thing was dealing with the shock, which left a painful sting. After the D&C, I went back to work quickly so I could get back into a routine. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to walk through. When I stay busy, I am okay....but the loss still hits me in quiet or down moments.....in the middle of the night when I roll over, seeing another pregnant woman in the grocery store, etc. When my heart gets troubled, I am already thanking the Lord for the blessing of the baby that he will someday give us. Jason said when he found out the news he went for a very long drive, cried, screamed, yelled and was okay. It has been a bit harder for me, and still is at times. My doctor is amazing! She said I am one of her healthiest patients and she was confident that we should be pregnant very soon again. One of the things we did find out was that the hives were not in any way linked to the pregnancy (great news!) like the allergist thought they were. We decided that next time we are going to wait until we are through the first trimester to share the news. In talking with others our loss seems very common, in that it has happened to a lot of other people. So, thank you for such comforting comments, prayers, cards, gifts, hugs and shoulders, and for caring.

0 comments: