Monday, November 10, 2008

Happily Discomforted

I realized I haven't posted in a while, but for a good reason. As soon as we found out I was pregnant I came down with Strep Throat and was really sick for about a week. At the same time I was coming down with awful hives. My lips swelled to 4x's their original size, my eyes swelled shut, my throat almost swelled shut, and hives under my skin appeared all over. We thought maybe they were food induced or environmental. Lots of factors were eliminated, but the hives still appeared all over my face, every other day, only at night, and when I slept. I was beginning to wonder if I was allergic to myself. Any body part I touched or accidentally brushed would swell up with these awful hives. Jason wanted to post a picture of my misery, but I was worried it would scare people away! After being to 3 different doctors, my allergist finally had some answers. The hives are basically pregnancy induced. They took a lot of blood work today to run some tests today. I feel very relieved, and happy that there is a solution and some closure, AND I can start eating real food again!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

So glad to hear that you have gotten some answers. I'm sure that it has not been a very enjoyable time. I hope you start feeling better.

Cheryl said...

Glad to have you back to blogging. Geez...that is a strange one. Glad you have some answers and hopefully feel better soon.

Christina said...

Hoping that you will get your answers and be able to enjoy the amazing miracle going on inside without many more discomforts such as these. I can't wait to see some pictures with a cute little belly! :)

busymomof4 said...

I hope they give you some definate answers, glad to hear it's not serious. You still should've taken pics even if you didn't post any just to have to show the child when it gets older.

Keri said...

yikes! I've never heard of pregnancy induced hives! what wonderful things pregnancy does to our bodies. My acne always gets worse. I'm kind of curious about the picture though... :)

Jessica said...

I hope this week is better for you so you can start to enjoy your pregnancy...with no discomforts. Just remember this is your pregnancy story, it's part of the fun!!!:)