Monday, July 19, 2010

Lily's Room

We have been enjoying slowly putting together Lily's room from furniture to decor. We purchased most of the furniture last week in Salem. Jason put together the crib and changing table. The crib is really cool in that it later changes into a toldder bed, and a double bed.

I still need to purchase baskets for the changing table and then it will be complete.

We also found this awesome glider. The movement is so effortless and it is incredibly comfortable. I have found Jason napping in it several times once we got it home.


I became very discouraged as I looked online and perused through many magazines and stores, in trying to decide on a theme for the nursery. So at the suggestion of a friend, I chose three colors that I loved and am doing the nursery in colors instead of a theme. The colors I chose are a very pale yellow, mauve (I am not a fan of pink!), and a light sage green. From there the nursery theme developed into a Shabby Chic/French Cottage theme.



The walls are bare, but I know that will surely change in time. It was a big step getting in the furniture and choosing colors/theme. This is the dresser I had growing up and it works perfectly in Lily's room.

2 comments:

Keri said...

I remember that dresser. That's so neat that you have kept it and will pass it down to her. I love it. And your crib! It's very similar to ours that we just took down. So what would you say are the colors for her room? Sage, rose and pale yellow?

Christina said...

Looks great! The walls will look great with some pictures of baby Lily and her proud parents once she makes her arrival.