Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's a......

...girl! Lily Pearl Hughes. Our hearts are joyfully overwhelmed with the Lord's goodness and faithfulness. We chose the name Lily...well because we loved it, and it was my grandpa's mother's name. And Pearl because it was the name of my great grandma that I never got the change to meet, but have heard wonderful stories about her all my life....and I had 2 friends growing up (Jeni Rabern) who always used to call me Heather Pearl growing up. I was certain the baby was going to be a boy. I just had this gut feeling and was ecstatic when we found out it was a precious girl. The Lord has truly given us the desire of our hearts. Every good and perfect gift truly comes from Him.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

It is so cool how your baby takes on its own little personality once you know what you are having and she has a name. Thanks for sharing how you picked out her name! Let the fun begin.

Christina said...

Congratulations! It was fun to hear about the "history" of her name - she'll love to hear about it as she grows up!