Sunday, April 5, 2009

Funny Story

It was such a beautiful day yesterday! Jason and I decided to go for what started out to be a short walk. We got to walking, and walking, and walking and before we knew it we were close to the Green bridge. We decided to continue walking into Winston and when I realized I needed to go to the bathroom badly. The nice people at Figaro's let me use their very clean bathroom, which I greatly appreciated. Then, we noticed that Muchas Gracias was in sight and decided once we got there we would turn around. Well, we got there and I suggested that we just continue and walk to the church and then turn around, which we did. However at that point we were pretty pooped. We walked home a little more tired with feet that were a little sore and starting to blister. Reaching home seemed like the longest journey ever! We finally arrived home and then got in the car to clock how many miles we walked in the last two hours. My guess was five miles. The grand total ended up being 8.4 miles! Whew! My feet were so sore and blistery today that I contemplated going to church bare footed (although I didn't think the other members of the worship team would appreciate the state of my feet.) Needless to say we are enjoying today's sunshine from our deck!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

You and Jason are to funny!

Cheryl said...

Geez...that is a long walk. I would be wearing some comfy shoes today too.

busymomof4 said...

Wow, that is impressive. My legs and feet are usually tired after 2 miles, going 8 probably would've killed me.

Michelle said...

That is definitely impressive. Too funny that you kept making new goals to walk toward. Hopefully by Monday your feet will be feeling a little better.

Christina said...

What a fun way to enjoy the great weather - even though you are paying for it now.