Friday, January 1, 2010

Avacado Smoothie Anyone?

We just got back from a trip to Gresham. Over Thanksgiving vacation, Papa (Dad's dad) had a massive heart attack and open heart surgery. It was good to visit them. While we were there Mama made me an avocado smoothie. I LOVE avocados.....the smoothie had 3 avocados, sweetened condensed milk, milk, and ice cubes. Mama got the recipe from her friend who owns a Japanese restaurant and they go for about eight dollars a glass. My verdict was....gross! I couldn't get past the texture...so thick and sweet.....yuck0!
My dad and Papa waiting for dinner.

My mom and Jason, and Ryan waiting at the Spaghetti Factory downtown Portland.

While in Gresham we visited with Paul and Vicki, who live in Damascus, and are Ryan's very good friends. They treat Ryan like their son and truly love him. Ryan works with Paul part time, as he is an architectural contractor. Here they are in front of their farm house that my parents painted last summer.



And while we were in Gresham, I couldn't leave without visiting Real Deals, my favorite store! Here it is, but it was closed. Boo.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

It looks like you had a great time with your family. To bad about Real Deals that would have been aewsome to shop there. I hope you have a great day tomorrow being your first day back to school.

Cheryl said...

Avocado smoothies...hmm! I'll have to trust you on that one. Looks like you had a great break. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

what a cool real deals store :) I need to check that out!