Friday, July 4, 2008

The Wall.....Part II

Yesterday we started working on the retaining walls in the back of the house. This is the upper most wall, and each block weighed 73 lbs. They were so stinkin' heavy as we hauled them up the other 2 terraces! Jason and I (and our crew of friends) worked 13 hours yesterday! Here Jason and Jered were back filling the wall with drainage rock.So after hours and hours and hours of work, I got to wondering if the wall on the bottom was too tall. Jered and Jason assured me that it wasn't too tall, especially after all our work. Jered was patting the wall gently as he was talking and like a weird happening in a horror movie, the wall went DOWN. I was sick over it and Jason was SOOOOO upset! Poor Jered...he felt so bad!

I went into town to run some errands and came back and Jered and Jason told me they got the wall built up again (while I was gone ) and it fell again! I thought they were teasing me and I told them to knock it off. They were really telling me the truth! It fell a second time in the same spot. The wall curves a bit here and we had to back fill as we built each course! What a day. So the wall is fixed and still in progress.....stay tuned!


1 comments:

Michelle said...

How horrible to have the wall fall twice. Sounds like such hard work. The template for the header of my blog is digital scrapbook page that I put together. I get the kits and brushes free from www.twopeasinabucket.com and I put it together using Adobe Photoshop Elements. Lots of fun.