Sunday, September 6, 2009

Oh Happy Day

Last weekend we went down to Applegate (near Jacksonville) to celebrate Ted and Jenni's 35th anniversary. That day I was battling some strong hives on my face and almost didn't go. Jenni has known Ryan and I our entire lives. She has been like another mom to Ryan and I. We've been neighbors with them my entire life and then when I went to George Fox, she and Ted moved to Newberg at the same time and they literally lived a block away from me all four years.....which was like having a little piece of home close and handy. She has planted many seeds in our lives and remains an important part of our family.

5 comments:

thanh n said...

Holy cow, you guys make everything by hand! That's amazing, not a lot of people know how to do things from scratch nowadays. I'm from Oregon too! My friend is going to George Fox next year :] hahaha just wanted to say that I know someone from George Fox.

Keri said...

Oh! Aunt Jenny! I love her!! I have so many fond memories of her also - of staying at her house in Newberg. My love to her...

Christina said...

Isn't it great to have those second moms? Glad you could celebrate a special day with her!

Cheryl said...

How fun to have such close friends that are like family!

Jessica said...

I remember her and Ted from Chruch when I was just a little kid. She was the one to give me my first prem.