Thursday, August 13, 2009

"A" is for Apple

Funny story.....so this morning Kristina, my mom, and I went to Lehne Farms to pick Gravenstein apples for applesauce. However, they were completely picked out, and I was so disappointed. We went down the road to a different farm that is new to the area. They had a variety of apples called William's Pride, and it has tart with a sweet taste, all at the same time. It was the most wonderful kind of apple I have ever eaten!!! And to our surprise the applesauce was a really pretty mauve color. We picked 136 pounds and got 118 pints. My new food processor worked like a dream and saved us hours of work.

1 comments:

Christina said...

Do you ever slow down? Working in the classrooms, canning fruit, etc. ;)

I love homemade applesauce - it is SO much tastier than the stuff from the store. (Plus I like to leave mine a little chunky!)