Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas Beginings




So Jason and I have never had a real Christmas tree since we have been married. When we lived in Sutherlin, Jason traveled north to U of O and I traveled south to school. During Thanksgiving and Christmas we were rarely home and celebrated at my parent's house. So this year we are actually decorating for Christmas, starting with our tree. Here are my dad and Jason pulling the tree out of the truck. However, this was a very tall large tree.








Jason ended up having to hack off three feet on three separate occasions. Next time we are going to get a much smaller tree!














The diameter of the tree was so large we were afraid it wouldn't fit into the stand. So with several hard pushes Jason got the stand on. Little did he know he would end up doing this three more times in order for the tree to fit into the house!











Jason was putting the final touches on the tree as my mom was cutting the hap-hazard branches from the bottom. I happened to snap this picture just as my mom let out a bit "uh-oh!" Yeah, she was being so effective and efficient with snapping branches that she accidentally cut one of the strands of lights completely! Luckily my dad and Jason were able to fix it. I was not looking forward to going into Roseburg for the sixth time that day for a new strand of lights!






Ahhh! Our first Christmas tree. I wanted to have a very elegant tree. The bulbs are gold, a frosted gold, burgundy, and a frosted burgundy. The shapes are a variety of ovals, bells, and circular bulbs. The lights are white and then I found sheer gold wired ribbon and that had burgundy scroll work on it. I took varying lengths of the ribbon and attached them to the top to give a cascading look. I was VERY pleased with the outcome!






1 comments:

Keri said...

Your tree is beautiful!!! Ours isn't nearly as fancy, especially because the bottom two feet don't have anything on it because of NAYA. What a stinker! :)